The new version of The Man From UNCLE directed by Guy Ritchie and released in 2015 was a good adventure film. But it had little connection with the original TV series. The UNCLE mythology wasn't respected, which resulted in a pleasant but not very remarkable movie. Now co-author Lionel Wigram has announced that he is writing the script for the sequel, and there is information that it could be released in the second half of 2019. How could this continuation be?
1) The new version of UNCLE already has a boss - Alexander Waverly (Hugh Grant). Now it needs a secret headquarters in Manhattan. With a secret entrance by Del Floria's tailor. Without these details, there is no The Man From UNCLE.
2) It's time to introduce a criminal organization called ... THRUSH.
3) One of the good achievements of Guy Ritchie's film was the the 1960's style which was not so remarkable in the series. That great idea that should be preserved.
4) The character Gaby Teller (Alicia Vikander) must enter into this sequel as one of the agents, seeding the possibility of creating a future spin off like The Girl From UNCLE series.
5) Call David McCallum, the original Illya Kuryakin for a cameo.